At Nozama, we recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and are committed to treating it responsibly and in accordance with applicable data protection laws in all countries in which Nozama operates.
This Privacy Statement describes Nozama’s general privacy practices as they apply to the personal information we collect, use and share about our customers, business partners, suppliers and other organizations with which Nozama has or contemplates a business relationship, as well as the individuals who work for them. This Privacy Statement does not apply where Nozama processes personal information on behalf of customers for the benefit and under the control of customers (as a “data controller”), such as Cloud Services or applications (“apps.”) It may apply to the collection of information relating to authorized users of such services, to the extent that Nozama processes this information for its own interests (as a “data controller”).
Why and how we collect and use your personal information.
We may collect personal information from you as a data subject for various purposes, such as the following:
Access to and use of websites or other online services (including “apps”)
- When you access one of our websites, or use one of our online services (where references to online services include desktop or mobile applications, also calle “apps”), we will record information necessary to provide you with access, for the operation of the website or for our compliance with legal and security requirements in connection with the operation of our website, such as passwords, IP addresses and browser settings. We also collect information about your activities during your visit in order to personalize your website experience, such as recording your preferences and settings, and to compile statistics to help us improve and further develop our websites, products and services.
Respond to your request for information, request or support
- When you contact us (online or offline) in connection with a request for information, to place an order for a product or service, to provide support, or to participate in a forum or other social computing tool, we will collect information necessary to fulfill your request, grant you access to the product or service, provide support, and contact you. For example, we collect your name and contact information, details about your order and your agreement with us, as well as the processing, delivery and billing of your order, and may include customer satisfaction survey information. We retain such information for administrative purposes, to defend our rights and in connection with our relationship with you.
- When you provide your name and contact information to register in connection with an order, the registration may serve to identify you when you visit our websites. To place orders for most of our products and services, we will ask you to register which will also allow you to customize and control security settings.
Your use of Nozama SaaS services
We collect information about your use of Nozama SaaS services to enable product features, improve your user experience, personalize our interactions with you, inform our customers about general use of the services, provide support, and improve and develop our products and services. For details about the technologies we use, the personal information we collect, or how to control or block tracking or delete cookies, please see Nozama’s Online Privacy Statement.
Contact with our customers’ employees, potential customers, partners and suppliers.
- In our relationship with customers or prospective customers, partners and suppliers, they also provide us with professional contact information (such as the name, professional contact details, position or title of their employees, contractors, consultants and authorized users) for purposes such as contract management, processing, delivery of products and services, provision of support, billing and service or relationship management.
- We record who visits our sites and locations (name, identification and professional contact information) and use camera monitoring for security of persons and property, as well as for regulatory purposes.
- Most of the information we collect about you comes from our direct interactions with you. When you register to participate in an event, we may collect information (online and offline) in connection with the organization of the event and during an event, such as participation in sessions and survey results. We combine the personal information we collect to develop general analytics and business intelligence for the conduct of our business or for marketing purposes. You may choose to receive information about our products and services by email, telephone or postal mail. When you visit our websites or use our services, we may provide you with personalized information. You can always opt out of receiving personalized communication from Nozama in the process of defining your Nozama marketing communication preferences. For subscriptions, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided at the bottom of each email. More information can be found in Nozama’s Online Privacy Statement.
- When we indicate that we may use your personal information in connection with a request, order, transaction or agreement (or preparation thereof), or to provide you with services you have requested (such as a website), we do so because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
- When we indicate that we use your personal information in connection with marketing, improving or developing our products or services, for security or regulatory requirements in addition to those relating to your agreement or request, we do so based on our legitimate interests or those of third parties, or with your permission. When we collect and use your personal information subject to EU Data Protection Legislation, it may impact your rights.
Sharing of personal information
- As a global organization offering a wide range of sustainability-related products and services, with transnational business processes, management structures and technical systems, Nozama has implemented global policies, standards and procedures for the ongoing protection of personal information. As a globa company, we may share information about you with our subsidiaries around the world and transfer it to other countries in which we do business in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Among Nozama’s controlled subsidiaries, we only grant access to personal information on a need-to-know basis, consistent with the purposes for which such access is granted. In some cases, Nozama uses vendors located in different countries to collect, use, analyze and process personal information on its behalf.
- Where appropriate, Nozama may share your personal information with selected partners to help us provide you, or the company you work for, with products or services, or to process your requests, or with your consent. When we select our suppliers and partners, we consider their data processing processes.
- If Nozama decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries, transactions such as these may involve the disclosure of personal information to actual or potential buyers, or the receipt of such information by sellers. It is Nozama’s practice to provide for the necessary protection of personal information in these types of transactions.
- Please note that in some circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure to government entities in connection with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal process. We may also share your personal information to protect the rights and property of Nozama, our business partners, suppliers, customers or others, provided that we have a reasonable basis to believe that such rights or property may be affected.
- Nozama’s international presence involves a large number of transfers of personal information between subsidiaries, as well as with third parties located in the countries in which we do business. Some countries have implemented restrictions on transfers for personal information, in connection with which Nozama takes various measures, including:
- Where applicable, Nozama implements Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, or similar contractual clauses in other jurisdictions. This includes transfers to suppliers or third parties. Nozama is in the process of being able to comply with the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) system.
Information security and accuracy
- We want to protect your personal information and preserve its accuracy. Nozama implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical security measures to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain personal information, such as credit card information, when we transmit it over the Internet. In addition, we require our suppliers to protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
- We will not retain personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, including securing our processing in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g., audit, accounting and legal hold conditions), litigation processing and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries in which we do business.
- As circumstances may vary depending on the context and services, the information provided in the Online Privacy Statement or provided in a specific notice may provide more detailed information on the applicable retention conditions.